Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My blog title is a moo. You know. A cow's opinion.

So it's time that I updated the blog. We've told people and have gotten confirmation, so here's the sitch.

I'm pregnant. In the family way. Knocked up. Expecting. Have a bun in the oven. With child.

This is a COMPLETE surprise and a miracle. Without going into too much detail, M. and I had sexytime unprotected once in January, which is when we conceived. It is truly mindboggling, especially considering we'd decided to stop TTC after January. Too late!

How I knew:

A couple of weeks ago I started to notice that random smells and sights were making me gag. Not throw up, just gag. Then my boobs started hurting and I started to get really really tired really easily. Then I noticed that I hadn't gotten my period yet.

I thought I had cancer. I'm not kidding. I thought there was something seriously wrong with my girly parts. I've had problems with them in the past (a lot of pain culminating in CT scans and MRIs that showed nothing, but a few years back my doc found a mass in my lower abdomen. She diagnosed it as a hernia and she said not to worry about it unless it got bigger, which it hasn't.)

It never entered into my brain that I could be pregnant. From the last bout of pregnancy test fever, I had two EPT early response pregnancy tests left. 13 days ago I decided to take one, for shits and giggles. From the time the peestick left my bajinga area until it hit the counter, it was a big fat blue +. It couldn't have been more apparent.

What was my first response? Tell my internet friends. I always told myself that I would tell M. first, but I was so shocked that I had to ask them what the chances of a false positive were.

They encouraged me to take another test. I chugged 4 bottles of water and waited until I had to pee. Even with extremely diluted pee, the response was a big fat blue +. I was pregnant. Holy fuck.

I called my BFF, who was kind of surprised but not really. She said she knew because I'd been "acting weird". She knows me too well.

Then the fear came. I'd been eating poorly the entire time, using my nicotine lozenges with a couple of cigarette slip ups, and I hadn't been drinking enough water or taking a prenatal vitamin. WHAT DID I DO TO MY BABY? I was terrified that there would be a miscarriage or something. I was freaking out like whoa.

I called and made an appointment with an OB, who scheduled me to come in on March 23rd for a pee test and an ultrasound. That meant I had to wait 13 days until I could find out if my baby was still alive and kicking.

Those were the longest 13 days of my life.

2 comments:

  1. 1. I haven't read the second post, so I hope everything turned out well with the baby, and

    2. I love the word "bajinga". You rock. :-)

    http://theprogenyproject.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the way you write. so honest! im sooooo happy you are "with child" haha congrats again! :) get ready for the best ride of your life!

    ReplyDelete