My mantra for this post is, "I won't be a Bitchy McGee. I won't be a Bitchy McGee."
This post will focus on the good things in my life. I've been focusing too much on the bad and I want to stop. It's not good for me. It's not good for the girls. I don't know if that last part is really true or if some of that freaky weird Scientology crap has seeped into my brain. Stupid E! True Hollywood Stories.
The good things are, in no particular order:
1. Summer music. I've recently started listening to our local hip-hop/R&B station, Movin' 92.5. As a result I've discovered Katy Perry's "California Gurls". It makes me a shiny happy person that really wants to go to California and just sit on the beach for awhile. And it makes me want a popsicle. Not a euphamistic popsicle, but a real one. Grape. Or maybe rootbeer. Mmmm....popsicles...
2. Coffee. My doc gave me the go-ahead to resume my latte habit, as long as I keep it at one a day. Done and DONE. I used to hate Starbucks (or, as it's called in our house, Starfucks), but now I find it the best of the three major chains around here. It ranks somewhere around #20 if you count all the mom 'n pops, though. Except for the bikini barista stands. I boycott those for two reasons: A. The coffee is crappy; and B. There are no half-naked men baristas. It's all girls. Even though I'm not a huge fan of ripped abs, if a dude with some seriously nice shoulders, biceps, blue eyes and dark hair made me the crappiest latte in the world, I would happily drink it. Equality for all! You hear that, bikini barista stand owners? Get some dudes in your bikini barista stands.
3. Netflix Streaming. I could kiss the person who developed this beautiful piece of technology. I've discovered numerous new favorite movies and TV shows as a result of them popping up on NS. I look forward to Tuesdays, when the majority of new shows and movies are added. This week, two of the additions are Yentl and The Pillars of the Earth. YES YES YES! The movie that started my love of all things Barbra Streisand and the TV adaptation of one of my favorite historical fiction novels of all time. ::does happy dance::
4. Cake. This needs no explanation.
5. "The Girl" trilogy by Stieg Larsson. (Don't worry, I won't spoil anything.) I picked up "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" a few weeks ago and read it in about a week. It's a good book and I thought the writing was excellent, but it didn't really thrill me. The level of violence was almost gore porn and I'm not a fan of that. Then I picked up the second one, "The Girl who Played with Fire". It got rid of the majority of the violence and replaced it with one of the best character developments I've ever seen in a book. At least 5 times during the book I said, aloud, "HOLY CRAP!" loud enough to scare the cats. The plot twists rate right up there with the one at the end of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. If you've read the HP books, you know exactly what I'm talking about. I have about 100 pages left in this Girl book and then I'm going out and immediately buying the most recent (and last) one, "The Girl who Kicked a Hornet's Nest". Like the HP books, I'm not looking forward to reading the last book because I know there won't be any more.
6. The cats. As much as they annoy me by waking me up at 4 AM on the weekends, I love those furry bastards. They provide me with endless entertainment and they are really really good at sensing when I'm upset and making it a point to cuddle with me as much as possible.
7. My girls. Even though I haven't met them yet, they really are awesome. When I'm in my worst moods, ready to either kill someone or melt into the floor in a puddle of tears and self-pity, I feel the tap-taps and know that there's a reason to be happy.
8. M. I complain about him a lot on the blog and on the board, but he's still a wonderful husband. We all have our faults and right now, I think his are being amplified through my haze of pregnancy hormones. Most of the issues I'm having with him are things that have been issues since we met and we've been able to work through them before. There isn't any reason we can't work through them now.
9. 99 days. That's how many days (roughly) we have until the girls arrive. It makes me happy that I'm down to double digits, but it also scares me. My work is already starting to prepare for my maternity leave. I'm starting to train my temporary replacement and get my desk ready. I'm assuming I'll deliver anywhere between 34 and 40 weeks (the end of Sept. through the end of Oct.) so the HR department at my office is starting my "unofficial" maternity leave on September 1st. "Unofficial" means that I could go home from work one day and not come back for three months. It doesn't count towards my real maternity leave, but just to be on the safe side and since my job primarily revolves around solid deadlines, we need to have some sort of fail-safe in place in case I go into labor earlier than my doc thinks.
10. Friends. Both internets friends and IRL friends make life so much better. Like cake, friendship need no explanation. It's just good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment