O hai.
The last time I blogged was something ridiculous like 6 weeks ago.
So this one will pretty much cover anything interesting that's gone on in the last 6 weeks.
First: BABIES! and me.
As of today I'm 32 weeks even. I have 8 weeks until my official due date, which means that we have 8 weeks until Halloween and 8 weeks, 5 days until my birthday. In case you need to stock up on Halloween treats and/or want to buy me a birthday present. Just sayin'.
As of my last doctors appointment on 09/03, I'm doing great. My BP is perfect (106/70), I've only gained about 30 lbs and my heartrate was right where it should be. Other than the hobbit feet I've developed and the pain of my pelvis separating to accomodate a vaginal birth, I don't have a lot to complain about. I feel very very blessed and I do not take this for granted. Every day I read about women who have issues with their pregnancies and I say a little Thank You to the heavens that mine has gone so well.
The babies are doing great as well. They're growing like little fiends. As of 08/27, which was my most recent growth ultrasound, Baby A's estimated weight is 3lbs 11 oz and Baby B's estimated weight is 3lbs 13oz. So that means I'm essentially carrying 8lbs of baby around with me and I still have at least 4 weeks left. I'm hoping I have 4 weeks left because I really don't want to have these kids in September. For an extremely selfish reason.
I get 3 months off for maternity leave. If I go out in September, that means I have to work over the holidays. I do not want to work over the holidays. I want them born after October 1st so I can go back to work after January 1st.
See? Selfish.
In addition to the weights, their little bodies are doing well, too. Their heartbeats are good, their bones are growing well and everything is going great.
Their nursery is mostly completed right now. M. still has his bookshelf of books on religion to deal with, but we might just clear off the top shelf and leave the rest of the books in there. M. thinks the girls might enjoy hearing exerpts from Summa Theologica by St. Thomas Aquinas while they're nursing. Knowing that they're our girls, they probably would. We're nerds.
I have three showers coming up in the next few weeks and I'm pretty stoked about them. The first is with my internetz friends, whom I adore. It's going to be a kickass party, fo' shizzle.
The second one is with one of M.'s employers. I'm not nearly as excited about this one because of the way that employer has treated M. in the past. I'll go for the presents and cake. I will be as grateful as possible and smile a lot. I will not enjoy myself though.
The third is with my family. That's going to be the interesting one. BFF T. is hosting at her house and it will be the first time since the Great Thanksgiving Disaster of Ought Six that my family and M.'s family will be in the same room. Together. At the same time. Luckily T.'s house is big enough that they don't have to interact with each other if they don't want to.
I think it'll be ok because there will be plenty of other people around to act as buffers and as long as we keep the discussion off of politics we should be good to go.
I've also been obsessively stalking my baby registry. I can't help it. I like getting presents and it makes me happy when people buy things for the girls. The cats are also very pleased because when the presents arrive, they come in big boxes that are perfect for hiding and playing in. So every day I let them know that we might be getting another box in a few days. They look at me with what I assume is a very pleased expression, but my very well be "Quiet, human. I'm plotting my revenge for your incessant "vaccuuming". Don't you realize how that disrupts 3rd afternoon nap?"
Onto the Very Important Decisions:
VID #1 - As I've said on the boards, I've decided that my preferred birthing method is c-section. I really have no desire to push two babies out of my vagina. I watched birthing videos on YouTube and it did not look appealing at all. I much preferred watching the c-section videos, or as much as could be shown. I like the idea of knowing exactly when the girls will arrive so I can prepare as much as possible beforehand. I'm a planner like that. I'm also terrified of the phrase "vaginal tearing". Those two words should never be within a 100 mile radius of each other. Ever.
At this point, I don't know whether or not I'll have a scheduled c-section. My final growth ultrasound is on September 24th, which puts me at 35 weeks, 5 days. If the girls aren't in the preferred position by that day, my doc says that there isn't much chance that they'll move into the proper position before I go into labor. That means that the following week they'll schedule me for a c-section. I'm kind of hoping this happens so I can choose the date 10/10/10, which I think would be an awesome birthday.
VID #2 - My first post-baby meal, whether I have a c-section or a vaginal delivery, will be from Dick's.
For the non-Seattleites reading this, Dick's is not a thinly-veiled euphamism for the sex I'm not having now. Dick's is a very well known Seattle fast food joint that makes exceptionally good hamburgers for very very cheap. I will be having a Dick's Deluxe, fries and a chocolate shake. And maybe another cheeseburger. The nearest Dick's is about 5 miles from the hospital that I'll be delivering at, so as long as the girls are born sometime within the hours of 10:30 AM and 2AM, we're good to go. Otherwise, I'll just have to wait.
And that's all for the VIDs. For now. I'll probably have more later.
Onto a completely different topic:
This weekend marks the last 3 day weekend I get before babies arrive. I am doing absolutely nothing. Well, I shouldn't say that. I should say I'm doing absolutely nothing baby related.
Yesterday M. and I went out to lunch at a new Szechuanese restaurant (Spiced in Bellevue. I wasn't impressed. They used way too much of the red chilies and Chinese peppercorns, which made the food taste like red chilies and Chinese peppercorns, not the chicken and deep fried tofu I actually ordered. I don't like it when the herbs or seasonings overpower the food.), then went to our favorite produce place (Lenny's in Seattle.), then went to Petco, Borders, and Albertsons. Then we came home and watched "The Untouchables" followed by "The Pelican Brief".
Today we're going to Caspers (which I reviewed in a post this past January) followed by the Compline Service at St. Mark's Cathedral in Seattle. After that we're staying for the organ music, also at St. Mark's.
Tomorrow we're doing housework and M. is making pho. He makes better pho than all of the pho restaurants in Seattle, which is saying a lot considering there are almost as many pho restaurants as Starbucks in Seattle these days.
Then the final countdown begins as the flurry of showers, lunches, final preparations and frantic reading of "The Nursing Mother's Companion", "The Happiest Baby on the Block" and "What to Expect in the First Year" commences.
Good times...and OMGI'MHAVINGTWOBABIESINLESSTHANTWOMONTHS.
ETA - And I have no idea what's going on with the formatting on this post. I hit "enter" once and apparently blogger thinks it means "hit enter 17 times."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment