That phrase makes me happy. It reminds me of Harold Dieterle and the first season of Top Chef, which is, without a doubt, the best season of that show ever. Maybe even the best season of any reality show ever. They need to release that season on DVD so I can have a back-to-back viewing of it followed by the second season of Project Runway, which is the best season of that show ever.
This week was what it was. There's no denying it sucked donkey balls, but I'm trying to stay positive right now. There's now stuff going on with my own job that is making me paranoid and edgy. More than likely I'm completely blowing things out of proportion, but it's still scary and insomnia-inducing. Which is why I was wide awake at 4 AM on a Saturday. Balls.
So I'm going to list 10 things which, along with Harold and the two seasons of reality TV that I adore, make me happy.
1. Kittens
2. Chocolate cream pie
3. Reading a good book
4. Watching M. talk about his passions in life, Religion and Geography
5. Exploring new cities
6. Finding a great new restaurant and eating there numerous times
7. Any scene from the 1995 BBC version of Pride and Prejudice that involves Mr. Collins
8. Triple grande whole milk latte paired with a bavarian cream bismark
9. Las Vegas - particularly the penny slots at Mandalay Bay
10. Crime shows like Law and Order, CSI or NCIS
There. Now I'm somewhat happy. I wish I could do all of those things at once, but I think my head would explode.
With all the bitching and moaning I've been doing in recent posts, it doesn't seem like I have perspective on things. M. and I are very very blessed with what we have. We have a home over our heads, our health, our cats, the ability to buy books as needed for our entertainment, and great friends. Strong emphasis on that last one. Without friends, I think we both would be in some sort of downward spiral into the oblivion of chocolate (Me) and spicy salty yummy asian food (M.). Friends keep us grounded, make us laugh, take us away from our problems for a little while, and generally make life better.
Friends rule.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 Very Enthusiastic Thumbs Up! Friends do rule!
ReplyDelete