So here we are. I'm 33 years old and just started the TTC journey exactly 11 days ago. I also quit smoking that day.
Good times...good times...
As opposed to many on the message board that I frequent, I'm not going to be charting right now. For those of you not in the know, charting is where you take your temperature daily, check your cervical mucus daily and keep all of this fun information in a chart. You then analyze this chart as often as possible to determine when you ovulate. Then you have sexy time during the prime ovulation days and you can become pregnant. All of this is not a guarantee you will get pregnant because there is only a 20% chance each month that pregnancy can occur. It can also take the average, healthy couple 6 months to a year to get pregnant.
Since I just started this journey, I'm not going to be charting right away. One reason is that I need to get a good basal temperature thermometer and get into the habit of taking my temperature every morning at the same time so that my chart can be consistant.
The other reason is that since I'm using the nicotine lozenges to quit smoking, I'm a little hesitant to want to be pregnant le now because I don't know what the chemicals in the lozenge will do to a newly developing human.
I'm going to try to update this blog as necessary so I can keep track of this journey for myself and for any offspring I may have.
Since I'm new to this and to parenthood, many of my ideas will be just that, ideas. I don't consider myself to be an expert on this at all. The only thing I consider myself to be an expert in is making damn fine macaroni and cheese and being an NCIS nerd.
Right now I have no idea about formula feeding vs. breast feeding, or vaccinations vs. no vaccinations, or letting the kidlet watch TV at 6 months olds vs. waiting until the kid is 6 years old to let them watch TV.
So be kind if you're going to leave messages.
kthanxbai.
-J.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good luck! I am excited for your blog! Your sense of humor is fabulous and I LOVE the title to your blog :)
ReplyDeleteThis should be fun to read! Good Luck!
ReplyDeleteI love you, and I think we need to have a mac and chee date! What, too forward?!
ReplyDelete